THE DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO THE PHILIPPINES is looking for experienced and highly qualified candidates for the post of PROJECT OFFICER IN THE AREA OF HUMAN RIGHTS, CIVIL SOCIETY AND MIGRATION for its diplomatic mission in MANILA who will be responsible for providing support in the implementation of EU cooperation programmes and projects in the Philippines. The successful candidate, who will join the Operations section of the Delegation, will contribute to the programming, identification and formulation of projects/actions under different EU cooperation instruments in close cooperation with the beneficiary institution(s) in the Philippines. He/she will also assist in all aspects of the procurement process required in relation to the implementation of these projects (e.g. drafting Terms o Reference) as well as monitoring of ongoing projects. In addition, he/she is expected to provide input to different reports, briefings and presentations linked to the scope of his/her work.
Candidate should have:
- University Degree in political science, social sciences, law, economics or development cooperation. A Post-graduate degree in any of these disciplines is considered an advantage;
- At least 3 years practical working experience in development cooperation (preferably in Asia) pertinent to the duties to be carried out;
- Specialist knowledge in the area of:
* Human Rights, from civil to political to economic and socio-cultural rights including gender equality issues
* Civil Society, partnerships and networking with non-State actors which include national human rights institutions
* Migration, involving regulatory and institutional frameworks, dynamics of human mobility including trafficking, remittances, diaspora, and links to development
- Good knowledge of the Project Cycle Management methodology and experience in ODA management, will be an asset;
- Computer literate (knowledge of MS Office or similar, particularly Excel and Word);
- Good command of Filipino and English, both oral and written; knowledge of other languages in the Philippines, as well as French or any other EU language is an advantage;
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good capacity to communicate clearly, presenting complex matters in an understandable manner, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective networks of contacts and to communicate confidently with all internal and external contacts.
- Ability to represent the European Union/Commission in external meetings and public events.
- Ability to function effectively and harmoniously in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- Ability to identify and analyse key points in verbal and numerical information, evaluate alternatives objectively, and make sound, logical and well-argued judgments taking on board the impact of decisions;
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to deliver timely;
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands;
- High flexibility.
For additional information on the scope of work and job description, please refer to the Delegation Website: http://www.delphl.ec.europa.eu
Applications should contain full details of education, work experience, references, current remuneration, remuneration expectations, a recent photograph and a brief outline indicating why the candidate considers himself/herself suitable for the position.
Written applications for the above positions together with CVs, Qualifications and Testimonials to be sent to:
Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines, The Head of Administration, 30/F, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila 1200.
Deadline for applications: 4 June 2010 (midnight)
Only candidates who will be interviewed will be notified on the outcome of the selection procedure.